Thursday, December 31, 2009

What Is Your Opinion On Teenage Pregnancy?

What is your honest opinion of girls that get pregnant at a young age?


What would you do if you child came home pregnant at a young age? Would you encourage an abortion?What Is Your Opinion On Teenage Pregnancy?
Obviously I don't think it's a good idea to get pregnant at that age. But almost all of it happens accidentally. Most of them were being irresponsible and I think it's not very smart - but mistakes happen.





If I had a teenager who got pregnant - I would present abortion as an option but wouldn't try to talk them into it or out of it - their choice. I would support them whatever they chose and would help them support the child but they would have to work and study really hard to make things work. Of course I would make sure they knew all about birth control so it hopefully wouldn't happen. Didn't happen to me by a combination of not having sex and using proper contraceptives, so hopefully my kids will learn the same.





HarrietWhat Is Your Opinion On Teenage Pregnancy?
Hello, though I am not a young teenager I am 19 and 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I see nothing wrong in young women having babies as long and they are ready for the responsibilities, the sleepless nights, no more partying and spending every last dime on their baby. There are some young GIRLS who don't realize that babies are a 24 hr commitment and are not pets...like the ones who think ';hey I want to go out and party with my friends, I'll just leave the baby with my parents'; those girls don't deserve a child. I don't consider abortion a birth control method, so no I would not encourage an abortion, however if it was a flaw in birth control ( condom broke, pill failed) then thats a different story. I am proud to be a young mom. I am in school and my fiance has a great job while in school as well.
im only still a teenager.. but, my opinion is, things happen.. mistakes happen.. im pro-choice, and i think a woman has her own mind to use to decide whether she wants to keep the baby or not.. when i see a girl pregnant who looks to be very young, i might think negatively for a few seconds about her [im being honest].. but then i think about how if i was in their situation, i wouldnt want people to make side comments about me, or point and stare or call me a slut or whatever.. i think if the girl KNOWS she'll be an unfit mother, she should get an abortion..or give it up for adoption.. no baby should grow up in an unhealthy enviornment
Teen pregnancy is not a tragedy. Mistakes happen in life. Having a baby when you are a teenager, sure its tough, but your life isn't ruined forever.





If my teen daughter came home pregnant I'm sure I'd be disappointed initially, but shes my daughter and I love her unconditionally. I would support her and empower her to make her own choices.
This is a touchy subject for alot of people.... kids are stupid. I had sex before I got out of high school, but I made damn sure I had a rubber. Most guys don't care, until their lives are ruined with a kid! As bad as that is to say.... that moment of fun can ruin the next 15 years of your life! You might not get to go to college, take certain jobs, be a kid!





I don't necessarily encourage an abortion.... I think if it were some sort of health concern... absolutely, but just because, that's retarded. Adoption is a wonderful thing! Depending on the age, and abortion could be understandable, but that would be some sort of therapy process to ensure your mental stability. Consulting doctors and such. I'm not against abortion, just against the abuse of abortion!





So, as a young person, I would make damn sure you have protection, and also consider all options before jumping on the abortion bandwagon! You are ending a (potential) life, as well as damaging your body in the process....
We all know exceptions, but the statistical truth is that a child born to a teenage mother has a probability 700% higher than others of ending up in real poverty.





With the significant exception of Mary of Nazareth, people don't just ';get pregnant';! It doesn't ';just happen';!





I made sure that my daughter knew about her body. Anatomy, physiology, hormones, emotions, social influences. I made sure she knew where babies come from. I taught her to respect herself and her capacity to become a mother, so she wasn't so needy of affection that she would allow her body to be used as an entertaining sewer for some pimply goof to dump his load in.





I pointed out to my daughter how difficult it was for the mother of one of her friends. This woman, scarcely 20 herself and the mother of 3 kids, was trying to get an education so she could get off welfare. It was hard on her, and even harder on the kids. Because I had waited to have children until I had an education and a home, our life was relatively comfortable. The difference between having the money to take a taxi or not isn't much, but it can make a heck of a difference when it's 20 below!





Once, a friend of my daughters was talking bitterly about how his mother would say to him ';I never wanted you anyway. You were an accident I wish never happened.'; Why should an innocent child suffer if his parents were ';lazy, stupid or religious';? I emphasized to her that both her dad and I wanted and welcomed her even while she was a twinkle! I believe that in itself encouraged her to think of herself as a valuable person, and not someone who would be willing to do just about anything in order to get some shred of imitation affection.





Even though I am firmly pro-choice (if men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament!), I do not think it is an easy choice for any woman. And as long as we refuse to allow ourselves to be used as an easy hole for some goof to take advantage of, we do not have to face that very difficult choice.
teen pregnancy is such a terrible tragedy


yes to abortion


I had one at 18 and it was the BEST thing I could have done...expensive! but the right thing to do





people think that adoption is such a great option, but it's not. I'm adopted, but I was lucky. not everyone gets a loving family, or even gets a family!





when I have kids I will teach them better than what my parents did with me, I will make sure they have every opportunity to be successful, and being a teen mother is NOT that. They will be an MD, have a PHD, masters, or be an officer in the military like my family and myself
i don't think it's ok-but it happens. i mean we can teach kids as much as we want what can happen when they have sex-that's what we're doing now and there's nothing we can do about what they do. we can't make them listen to us and make them learn. it's something they have to do on their own.


if my son/daughter came home and told me they were pregnant-i would support them. i would make them take care and be responsible about-while at the same time helping them out.
i think its not the best time in life to get preggers obviously.


But its happens,. I would look after my daughter really well and provide for her and her baby with anything(exactly what my mum is doing for me). The child would be my grandchild.


i would never encourage plan B.





God Bless xx






i think its wrong. its dicusting. like does this person think of anything else...don't they know that early pragnecy will ruin theirs and their childs life.





i would encourage aboration even if i dont like it.








TEANAGERS NEED TO THINK BEFORe tHEY DO SOMETHING!!
It is not my life so it is none of my business. If my child comes back pregnant or got someone pregnant i will be there for them any way i can. If they chose abortion then that is completely their own choice.
Knowing how difficult it is to balance life and kids, anybody that gets pregnant as a teenager pretty much kisses their dreams away.
Sh*t happens. And no I would not encourage an abortion. I would teach my son/daughter to take care of their responsibilites.
no you made the choice to have sex the baby don't have a choice


so many woman want babys and cant have them adoption is a great thing
It should be avoided


They would've been better educated on contraception


Everything I could to help her


No

No comments:

Post a Comment