Thursday, December 31, 2009

What are your views on teenage pregnancy?

I had my first child when i was 14, and i was just wondering what you thought about teenage pregnancy?What are your views on teenage pregnancy?
If the baby is wanted/ loved, and the parents have support and love each other, I personally have no objections. This is the norm in many cultures, age is no guarantee to being a good parent, so good luck,What are your views on teenage pregnancy?
CONTEXT: We know little about young people's views of the effectiveness of interventions to reduce the frequency of teenage pregnancy. OBJECTIVE: To compare the views of young people and professionals about ways to reduce the frequency of teenage pregnancy. DESIGN: Comparison of consensus emerging from adult and teenagers' workshop discussions and subsequent modified two-round Delphi questionnaires for each subject group. SETTING: North Staffordshire community. PARTICIPANTS: Fifty-six professionals from health, education, social care, youth and community and other sectors and 55 young people. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Views with which at least 70% of participants agreed. RESULTS: Young people emphasised the importance of interventions being young person-centred, whereas professionals stressed that re-organisation of sexual health and education services was key. Young people suggested more creative ways of communicating health and education messages than did professionals. Both groups advocated peer education and recognised the need for developing help and services for young men. Both suggested that staff should be educated to be more sensitive in relating to young people. Professionals and young people advocated the locating of sexual health services for teenagers in youth settings. CONCLUSION: In the main, professionals favoured dedicated young people's services whilst young people emphasised the need for young person-centred services. Those working in the health and education sectors should seek and listen to young people's views and preferences when planning and providing sexual health education and services.






i think its obviously not something that should be encouraged and 14 i think is to young to be having sex but once someone is pregnant there is not point waffling on about how young they are. its about then providing a supportive and safe environment for that teenager to have a baby. There is nothing to say that a teenager wont be a good mother i think it just takes a lot more work and having supportive family and friends is essential. Age doesnt change how much you will love your child.
Depends on what part of teen pregnancy. If a teenager goes out and TRIES to get pregnant, then she is a very selfish person.


But those who don't get pregnant on purpose, that's completely different. Did they use protection or were they ignorant about it and didn't use any protection at all.





Every situation is different, and no one has to right to judge a person simply because they are young and pregnant. You need to know the whole story before you can judge someone.
Anyone who can not work to feed, clothe and pay for rent, utilities, heat, water, gas, phone, car insurance, health insurance, life insurance, savings and provide all the other financial necessities AND the emotional needs that children require are grossly irresponsible and selfish.





If one can not care for one's self, one has no business reproducing.





Also, there are too many forms of reliable birth control.
i don't want to offend you, but where im from teenage pregnancy is not that common compared to other sates. i personally don't agree with it as i feel you should wait until your older in a secure relationship, married and enough money- independent and mature.





however its your choice and you obviously chose to have your first child early in life, i wish you all my luck for the future :)
It depends, as long as the child is being properly cared for and has both parents caring and loving for it (the parents being responsible) then I don't so it as a problem.


But if the child was not properly being cared for and had irepsonsible parents then I wouldn't approve of it.
i think you should be at least 16. come on, at 14 do you really want to have a baby with you all the time? I think back to when I was 14. I didn't even have sex! But if I did get pregnant, I would have given it up because I honestly wouldn't have know what to do or have the patients for a baby! and I wouldn't want to hastle my parents w/ the extra costs of my baby and helping me with it all the time. Im 18 now and pregnant with my first. Ive had a misscarriage when I was 17. I have a job and place to live and steady inviroment to raise a child. Sure I am gonig to be a single mom but I will love my baby no matter what and give him or her the best life i can!
I think it should not be judged. I am 15yrs and 2 months and i had my son on Tuesday, hes healthy and im doing a good job, he feeds well and latches properly and he is well taken care of and has a lot of love. His father is the proudest dad in the world and is so helpful. My son is blessed to have us and we are blessed to have him. I would like to donate breast milk for moms that have HIV and premature babies as soon as i know he is perfect. I have more than enough milk and have no problem expressing. Im doing a damn good job for someone that has never been around babies under a year old. He has hardly cried at all and is happy. I love him to bits. I thank God for my miracle.
I think that at that age you are young and nieve and not fully ready for children, and most of the responsibility does tent to fall on their parents, but i dont think that they are bad parents just because they are young, just needing more guidance i guess. i am 21 though and will still need guidance so who knows!
well, accidents happen...it depends on the girl, i was 17 when i had my first and i wouldnt change it for anything in the world. of course i would hope my daughter doesnt repeat my actions, simply because it was tough, but it worked out for me. i was lucky to have a man who stuck around and married me and we have been together now 7 yrs and are having our 2nd baby in march (this time planned lol)





as long as the girl is responsible and mature its not the end of the world.
I know ur going to give me a thumbs down for this but, It rlly annoys me. Its just 1 more mouth that needs to be fed, so 1 more person going on welfare, 1 more person my taxes hafta pay for. I'm not saying this is every young mom cuz sum do have supportive parents that help them thru it, but that's my own personal opinion. I know I sure wasn't having sex at 14.
Not something I encourage however as a 16 year old mom myself I did ok. When I look back now that my son is 26,married , and just gave me my first grand baby I must have been doing something right..Its a hard road as a single mom and not everyone should try it but it worked for me.
my feelings are that you better do everything possible to take care of the baby,i think so many teens think having a baby is fun and so on. as long as its a determined teen and not a lazy one then good luck to them! i was also a young mom. i had my first when i was 19
I dont think its a good idea but i had my son at barely 16 %26amp; we did fine, I even continued to graduate h.s. so its not the end of the world. I feel like my son pushed me harder to suceed in life. 2 more classes %26amp; i will be in nursing school. %26amp; now i have 3 kids with one on the way, my kids are amazingly well behaved thanks to their young parents!
it shouldn't happen because when you're that young you aren't ready for children and you have your whole life ahead of you. you had the rest of high school and college and now you can't enjoy that because you have to worry about a child.
I think that you should avoid it.


I feel that its better for you and the child if your older.


To be honest i think its a bit silly to get pregnant when your a teenager as it's just going to be so hard to get through school etc.



It is not something that I feel a teen should be involved with but I do respect the young girls that step up and take responsibility for their actions. My mom had me when she was 15 and she did a great job.
Something that should be avoided but dealt with maturely and responsibly once it has occured. It will always be a problem in our society but with safe sex and abstinence, good parenting and good parents, it should lessen.






Honestly, no offense, I think it's sad. There is so much help out there if young girls would just take the time to access it. Accidents happen, I know that, but there are alot of accidents that could be avoided.
i think people should wait until theyre at least 21....but thats just me, and everyone else is different...i would never have had a child in my teens, but like i said, thats just me...
being a teen and thinking about getting pregnant myself i say it all depends if ur able to support the child or not if not then its not good if you can then i dont see a problem with it as long as ur mature enough
Not much really i just think that its a shame it happened so early but i believe they are just as good a parent as older ones.
17 and over fine you can work support your self.


no offense but at 14 your still a child your self



It's not something one hope should hope to accomplish.
i was thinking about it and i was so happy for you becasue i am having a baby too. i love to have sex with my boyfriend and i love to get naked with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment