Thursday, December 31, 2009

Do you agree that it is the parents fault for when their teenage son or daughter is a snobby person?

I feel like it is because parents are supposed instill morals and values in their kids and the ones that act like that obviously lack that. I think those kids that are snobby are spoiled and one day will regret having that attitude when they find that they are not a very likable person.Do you agree that it is the parents fault for when their teenage son or daughter is a snobby person?
Maybe not in all cases, but most of the time, I'd say yes, the son/daughter is acting on what he/she has learned at home.





My son was called a snob when he was in 8th grade, and he came home and asked me what it meant. I told him, and he said he hadn't been acting that way. I told him if he was friendly to everybody, nobody had the right to call him that.





Sometimes very shy people come across as snobby, so that's something they need to work on.





When teenagers get to college or out in the working world, they may find that nobody cares what they did in high school. Cheerleader? Big deal. Sports star? So why are you selling insurance now?





They may find that their glory days were in high school, while they've got another 60-70 years to survive in the real world.Do you agree that it is the parents fault for when their teenage son or daughter is a snobby person?
Being a ';snob'; is a funny thing. To one person, you might be a ';snob'; and to another person you might be an angel.





I don't blame the parents. The parents are just teaching the kids what they know. If the parents work hard, have a big house, nice cars and are able to give their children material possessions, that's doesn't make them bad people.





Everyone values and morals are different. I don't know you, but I'm sure we don't value things the same. For all I know, you could be teaching your children morals I don't agree with. Who says you are raising your children to be like saints. You might, but it doesn't mean it's true in the eyes of others.





Everyone can be labeled a ';snob'; at one point in their life. I was labeled a ';snob'; by a girl I knew in college. I wasn't though. I was just your average, middle class college girl. But, she grew up poor. So, by comparison, I was a snob in her eyes. But, I had lots of other friends, just like me and they never had issues with the way I was.





So calling someone a ';snob'; is subjective. Just like saying parents should raise their kids to be ';moral'; Well, define moral and the actions, behaviors surrounding it. I'm sure what you deem ';moral';, just might be ';immoral'; to a lot of other people.
Yes. Parents are the root of most social problems that kids have. (Yes, I am a parent.) If they are a brat, it's because someone let them behave that way or they are copying what they see as being acceptable at home.
Part of growing up is separating your own identity from your parents. Unfortunately, the only way for most typical kids to do this is to take on some truly obnoxious habits.





We live in a college town. I'm often mildly horrified by the conversations I hear the kids having amongst themselves - after all, I'm very aware of the fact that my 3 y.o. will be a teenager in less than a decade and, of course, painfully aware of how foolish and idiotic the kids sound.





Thing is, I doubt they carry on like that when their parents - or adults that they know - are present. It's a means of attaching ourselves to our friends, trying out new personalities and the like.





Of course, it's also true that I hear adults carrying on in fashions that are truly unacceptable - swearing in public, yapping on cell phones on the bus, cutting off someone in traffic and so on.





So some kids may be going through a lamentable but necessary phase ... and some may very well have parents who fail to live up to the standards of common courtesy.
I think they have a part in it
Yes I would agree. As a father of four it is the responsability of the Parents/Parent to instill high values and moral behavior. Teaching children respect,kindness,unselfishness and behavior towards others is an obligation. Some parents in todays society are spoiling their children and believe materialistic items is the cure for them loving them. I have always believed if you look at a person then you are also seeing their parents and what they have learned from them. It is a sad thing however a reality. Teaching responsability I believe is an essential part in nurturing your children to grow and respect others.
They will only regret it if they ever realize they are like that and if they care if other people don't like them.





I think most of the time it is the parents fault but some kids will be who they want to be regardless of the parents many attempts. I don't know anyone like that though all the teens I know that are snobby are spoiled or the parents are very snobby people. Most of the time they received too much without having to work for it.
i completely agree.


The sad part is, most parents are in denial to being shitty parents.





my mom taught me to be independent. People on here get mad at me for pointing out their flaws. They wouldn't get mad if I weren't partially correct.








Bokie318 is absolutely correct. Don't boo her just cuz u're in denial about being a horrible parent.
  • highlight
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment