Monday, December 28, 2009

How do I get my teenage boy to not only complete his homework but turn it in for credit?

Seems like he gets the homework done only if we are checking and double checking him; but without us doing this he is failing. So I guess my reall question is how do I get him to take on this responsibility and commitment?How do I get my teenage boy to not only complete his homework but turn it in for credit?
Reward him maybe? Have him make goals - short term and long term and help him stick to them. When he completes tasks have a reward system.How do I get my teenage boy to not only complete his homework but turn it in for credit?
take things away, put on home arrest by ur standards, ground him, make him go to summeer skool, no more hanging out until grades are atleast a A or B but dont get mad if he geta C cuz atleast his trying 2 make an effort
Coming from a kid that used to get C to F on my report cards but mow get s As and Bs.


My mom would double check everything. It was annoying so eventually I gave in and made sure I did everything. Once I did that my mom eased up on the double checking and went to checking only 3 or 4 times a week ,then less then that. She still checks a bit now and then. Checking was not the only thing she did she also took things away. Like a normal parent should but If I got an A I would get a big reward. Like cash or a sleepover. (do guys have sleepovers??). Also reassure him that if he needs help on something your there for him. Help him if he needs help. But DON鈥橳 do it for him. If you do he will become dependent on you. Then you have to start all over.
have you heard about the love and logic parenting class? i just attended it and it offers a lot of ways to deal with defiant children. it was a free class and i found it to be very helpful, maybe you should look it up to see if they offer it in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment