Thursday, April 29, 2010

Who gets in trouble if a teenage driver has passengers who are breaking the law?

My parents are telling me its my responsibility in my new car to make sure no one is doing anything illegal. Some of my friends don't buckle up all the time and some smoke even though they're underage. My parents have already told me I can't carry guys in back because there aren't shoulder belts back there, which is crazy strict, but are they right that I really need to act like a cop when it's them choosing to smoke or whatever, not me?Who gets in trouble if a teenage driver has passengers who are breaking the law?
If they are breaking the law in YOUR car, YOU get in trouble, NOT them. It is your car, you are in charge of what goes on in it. Example, your buddy has some weed in his pocket, you dont know about it, cop pulls you over, get searched, and you get busted for unlawful transpotation of an illegal substance. Remember, you are responsible for what happens inside your car when you are driving.Who gets in trouble if a teenage driver has passengers who are breaking the law?
Yes. If they don't buckle up it is YOUR ticket, the logic is you could pull over and shut off the car until they do. As to smoking you should just not allow smoking in your car. Do you really want that stink in your car? If you are responsible enough to have a license prove it. I think it's silly to say no one in back because no shoulder belts, but their rules not mine. I just think it's silly because most cars don't have shoulder belts in the back, if any do.
Your parents are right on this case. The driver is responsible for their passengers. If they don't buckle up, the driver will be cited. If you get stopped and found illegal item (smoke, beer can) you will be cited and maybe arrested.





If you are going to drive your friends around, make sure they bey your rules and the rule of the road. That way you will be able to keep your license and your car.
The driver is -always- held responsible, regardless of who is actually at fault.
The driver is responsible for all occupants in the vehicle
i am 16 but i think it is both and depends on what they are doing
  • highlight
  • no makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment