Thursday, April 29, 2010

How do you deal with a teenage with a baby living in your house?

hey guys


my sister is 17 years old %26amp; has a 3 year old baby. Both of them live with me and my family. How do i deal with this??How do you deal with a teenage with a baby living in your house?
Though she may be a teenager, she has a child so treat her like an adult. Maybe you should set up a date and time to speak with your sister about your concerns, your expectations, and what type of resource/support you can provide to her. If it's too much to handle at once, you should also have a follow up conversation with her to find out what her future goals and help her plan them. Try not to be too bossy or judgemental. With respects to childrearing, you two need to establish what authority each other has over the child(ren) and set the rules. Remember, everybody gets frustrated and at time think other are trying to run their lives, so please be patient and respectful but very firm. Good luck!How do you deal with a teenage with a baby living in your house?
A lot of patience...that must be hard..she is 17 with a three year old...hmmmm.


My heart goes out to you... but think about it you are uncle... or aunt....


Learn to enjoy being that...
I too have had this same situation. I set down the guidelines. I stayed very firm with these guidelines and she was told by me if you don't like my rules and you can't live by them, you know where the door is, don't let it hit you in the *** on your way out. BUT%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; the baby ain't going anywhere until you have gotten your life together period.


My siater knew that I meant business and I was not kidding when it came to my neice. My neice was in better hands while with me. Sometimes tough love is the only kind of love when dealing with teenagers. Good luck with your situation %26amp; I hope this helps!
Well you should support on your sister on helping the baby or getting a job,or taking the baby maybe in daycare.And help find a house.


I'm just saying if you support her in so many ways you can deal with a teenage and a baby easily.
I have an uncle and he's 20, but he has a 4 year old who is really obnoxious and they live in our house, but not permanently. But I deal with the yelling and screaming really easily. I go up to my room and just sit there and read a book maybe play on the computer for a while until everything calms down again. then maybe i'll go back out, unless i really like the book or am too busy chattin with friends. So good luck.
you have to help here see where she needs to be tell her how u feel and what can u do to help it's probally hard on her then it is on u because she had a child at that age all she is thinking about is giving her baby what she needs
look the best thing you can do is not complain nag or remind them of what they did, it's not a mistake bc no baby in this world is a mistake! support them 24/7


only if they are responsible





once in a while offer to babysit
Be patient =) try to understand what she's been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment