Thursday, April 29, 2010

What is the going rate for teenage babysitters ?

My niece is 15 and she is keeping my son who is 11 for about 6 hours a day...also what age is appropriate to let them stay by themselves ?What is the going rate for teenage babysitters ?
I would say to negotiate a daily flat rate if she is going to be spending a large amount of time with your son. Usually $5.00/hour is the norm but you have to look at the current cost of daycare too. Don't forget to include extra money for food and entertainment costs.What is the going rate for teenage babysitters ?
I get $8/hr. for twins that live next to me, but I charge $10/hr. for two girls that live about 20 mins. away from me (gas payment).
I personally pay $4/hr. plus and additional dollar per additional child.
I pay two dollars an hour per kid.
i think shes to young to be babysetting him by her self sorry
For both Qs, it really depends on where you live. States have laws about at what age you can be left in charge of a younger kid and how young that kid is too. Ask the police department of your county. As for the rate, also it depends where you live. It could be anywhere from $3 to $15. Compare what kids could be making at another job at their age in your area. Also, is the younger child requiring supervision all the time? Homework help? Meal preparation? Those can drive the rate up. Or does the older child feel free to basically get their own work done while babysitting?
at 11 he could prob stay at home alone, but he'd be really bored and you ahve to judge his maturity.





if she is sitting for you everyday for 6 hrs at a time i would give her about 50 bucks a day.


i know sitters that ask for about $10/hour...i've heard of some that ask for $5/hr


maybe split the difference and go for $40 bucks a day or give her a weekly salary....like $200 bucks a week.
12 is an appropriate agae for them to be by themselves or ...11 i just turned 12 a couple of months ago and i got home no one was there so i think when hes 11 and three quarters is good probbaly but im a girl..matters how mature he is u know like responsible and all.?
i was a baby-sitter i got payed $100 for 6 hours i was very happy
When I use to babysit, I'd tell the parents to pay me whatever they felt I deserved. I'd make out pretty good. 5 dollars an hour sounds fair. But it all depends on what your house looks like when you get home, is it a mess or did she clean up after she made him meals %26amp; such.


As for an appropriate age to leave your son alone, I'd say it depends on his maturity. My rents let me stay home alone for the first time I'd say when I was 11,I had taken a red cross babysitting course %26amp; I watched my 5 year old sis. I proved myself %26amp; didn't burn down the house as most parents fear. At 13, they let me stay by myself for the weekend, when they went up to my uncles. I had already made previous plans to babysit for others, thats why I wasn't able to go. But every child is diffrent.
i would say at 11 he could stay home alone for a short period of time but not for 6 hours when i hire a babysitter for a 6 hours spain i pay $40 for 3 children so for an 11 year old i would say maybe $20 to $30 ask her if she is ok with that make sure to bring food for him or order a pizza or something like that im sure at 15 she wont do much cooking i would say she would be happy with the $20 or maybe 25 even
Im a mom and i pay $10.00 an hour for a babysitter that is the going rate now a days. I have mentioned $5.00 hr they look at you and laugh.
Depends on where you live. I am paying $6/hour for 2 kids but I think that is high where I live. I pay more because I have a child with a disability who has behavior problems and requires extra supervision. I have paid as low as $1.50/hr per child.





I think you probably have to pay higher for older teens and adults than younger teens, also.





Your son should be able to stay alone if he can do so for short periods without getting into trouble, and knows how to deal safely with phone calls, people at the door, emergencies, etc.
The going rate is $5 an hour, or $6 if she's red cross certified. the appropriate age to stay at home, i was staying home alone at 10, and I know several other kids at the age of 11 who stay home alone.
i got about 40 dollars and im 13 and all ready stay at home and baby sit but all my friends and family think im responsible
i got paid around $30 for a 6-hour babysitting job.





i was happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment