Thursday, April 29, 2010

Do you know a monologue for a teenage girl?

I'm looking for a monologue for my advanced theater class. I can be from 1 minute to 3 minutes. If you have a comedic one that would be awesome! Thanks!Do you know a monologue for a teenage girl?
My director gave me a couple of sites for monologues. You might want to check them out!





www.whysanity.net/monos/female.html


Very good, but mostly from movies, so they are not necessarily comedic.





www.monologuearchive.com


Look at the female comedy section. These are very good.





Hope this helps!Do you know a monologue for a teenage girl?
This one from Mean Girls


written by Tina Fey, from the book by Rosalind Wiseman


Regina: Let me tell you something about Janis Ian. We were best friends in middle school. (makes a face) I know right, it's soooo embarrassing. I don鈥檛 even鈥hatever. So then in eighth grade I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle, who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana--and Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like ';Why didn't you call me back?!'; and I'd be like, ';Uh, why are you so obsessed with me?'; So then for my birthday party, which was an all girls pool party, I was like, ';Janyce I can't invite you because I think you're a lesbian'; I mean, I couldn't have a lesbian at my party! There were going to be girls there in their bathing suits! I mean right, she was a lesbian! So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her and it was so retarded and then she dropped out of school 'cause no one would talk to her and she came back in the fall for high school and her hair was all cut off and she was totally weird and now I guess she's on crack



i have one about how much teenage life sucks lol


i just found it on the internet it's an original it's not from anything that i know of :)


i used it for my audition for the advanced performance company at my theatre school and i got in!! so here it is! lol





Oh, my gosh. I think I鈥檝e just come up with the best theory. Teenage life sucks. That鈥檚 it. I mean, once you hit 13, your life just goes (rocket). All the adults are like ';I loved being a teenager!'; Ha, sure. Well, I鈥檓 sorry but this isn鈥檛 ';Sunshine 70鈥檚'; anymore. They鈥檙e just trying to make us feel better. And the little kids are like ';I want to be a teenager! It would be so fun much to be older!'; Haha, no you don鈥檛. No, you really don鈥檛.


Okay, first of all, you鈥檙e in Middle School when it all starts to happen. For some weird reason, it seems like when you鈥檙e a teenager, all your friends start to turn on you. I mean, at first they鈥檙e like ';Hey, best friend!'; and you know, you do the regular things like hang out and stuff. And then once you leave, they go around gossiping ';Oh, my gosh, did you know that Gretchen made out with Justin at movies... oh yeah, it was definitely tongue,'; (what expression) I don鈥檛 even know a Justin!


And then there's puberty actually...never mind(i just skipped this line lol)


And then there's high school, the black-hole of all teenage life. Once you get there, everything starts to fall apart. First, everyone expects you to be this pencil thin stick or you鈥檙e considered ';fat';, but when you are that thin, they just go spreading around that your anorexic! And all through high school, it鈥檚 nothing but college this or college that, and the college-councilors are not much help about it. They鈥檙e like ';You fail! You lose! You fail at life! You better memorize the phrase 'You want fries with that?'! Grrr! I hate them!(Sigh) Where was I? Oh yeah, life sucking. You know what, I'm tired of complaining. So, I just say two things to say: Adults, you鈥檙e wrong, and kids, get ready.





here u go hope you like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment