Saturday, January 9, 2010

What is the going rate for teenage babysitters in the Midwest on a Saturday night? ?

We have a Christmas Party to go to tonight from 6:00pm-Midnight. We are hiring my Niece who is 18 yrs old to babysit our 4 kids, ages are 9yrs, 8yrs, 4yrs and 2 1/2yrs.





We have never hired a babysitter and really need some help! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!What is the going rate for teenage babysitters in the Midwest on a Saturday night? ?
I usually get paid around $10 an hour. Since that is a large number of kids (well, not really, but for a babysitter) you may want to pay her a little bit more than that.What is the going rate for teenage babysitters in the Midwest on a Saturday night? ?
10 years ago when I was babysitting in Michigan, I got about $7 an hour for a typical night - 2 kids, 7-11 or so, give them dinner and get them ready for bed.


4 kids and 6 hours I think I agree with the Chicago person at least $50.00.
For four kids for an 18 year old I would say at least $7 an hour. We are outside of Chicago and that is probably what I would pay her. Actually, now that I think about it for 6 hours, 4 kids I would give her at least $50.
I'm guessing around $7 and an additional $1 per child.
Ask people you know who hire babysitter, or ask your niece how much she charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment